My name is Brett Rodgers. I teach natural health & healing to those that are ready and want to learn. Here, I'll give it to you in a nutshell...
Cleanse and heal your body.
Do this for many, many years... even a lifetime!
Read the books, "Guide to Better Bowel Care" by Dr. Bernard Jensen and "Healing With Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford and do what they say. Yes, there are many other great books. Read them!
Move toward veganism.
Get off of wheat and dairy.
Eat fruits & vegetables.
Think good thoughts.
Do something beneficial for the planet and get environmentally friendly.
To learn something, do a search on Google or Youtube. Put "natural cure for _______ or natural remedy for _______.
Stay away from medical doctors and prescription drugs unless it's an emergency. Seek out natural health practitioner's like naturopathic doctors (nds) or massage therapists, herbalists and the like.
Educate yourself and DO THE WORK!
I offer phone or Skype consultations for just $35/hr.
I can be reached here:
brett @ vitalitymassage.net
If you appreciate my videos and would like to make a donation to my cause you may do so using the Paypal buttons below. Thanks very much for your kindness!
Most of the following holistic healing articles and videos were created by me, Brett Rodgers, holistic life coach. Others are just favorites that I think may benefit you. Enjoy!
"Thank you for posting your wonderful videos. I discovered your self massage for relieving sciatic pain and have been checking out many more of them since. I'm home recovering from ankle surgery and manifested sciatica on the same side of my surgical leg. Your self massage techniques are bringing such wonderful relief! You are a treasure and I appreciate your vulnerability and honesty. Whaaaahooooo!"
"I watched your youtube on self-back-cracking. This has helped so much and I got the foam for free. The time spent rolling on the foam has helped me focus on the cause of my pain-overweight. Whilst I've only lost a few pounds so far I have worked much more veg into my diet and it has been an overall good change...all for the low low price of free foam.
"Hey there, I was wondering if you would tell me how many pounds of millit hulls you use in your body pillows? I would love to buy one from you but I make about $30 a week cause I am too sick to work a regular job. I just wanted to let you know I LOVE your YouTube videos. I have started doing enemas since watching your video on it. It really helped me get past the weirdness of it. Lol I have been feeling a million times better since I have taken up doing daily enemas. Thank you for all your hard work making the videos. They are very inspirational and are a huge help keeping me motivated.
Peace From Utah ~Ashley
My name is Jim and I'm writing to you because I've been watching lots of your videos on YouTube recently, and I wanted to thank you for all your wonderful advice!
Your way of looking at healing has helped me so much, and since I discovered your videos I've been trying to incorporate the things you teach into my life, mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.
I recently became vegan, but thanks to you I've given up gluten and soy too, and I feel great for it! I also squat to poop, and I'd never go back! I'm starting to do self massage and skin brushing too, which I'm finding really great. And, most importantly, I'm really taking your advice to slow down and heal, and plan a life for myself that is peaceful and natural, with less stress, and more time for appreciating and sharing the wonderful blessing from God that this life is.
I really wish you all the best and once again thank you for sharing all that you have, for free. It has helped me more than I can say."
"Hi Brett, Just wanted to tell you how much I admire and respect that you are sharing your journey with others. It's very inspiring and thought provoking. My path has been very similar to yours. I became interested in Asheville years ago because of macrobiotics. I also like the balance you've found between raw and cooked foods and also what foods you do and do not eat. I really related to your story about Accutane, I took it as well. Sometimes when I'm listening to you I feel like I'm hearing the thoughts in my head being spoken out loud ;-0 You are a special man and I thank you again for trying to help people learn and think for themselves!
John Kohler from www.growingyourgreens.com really knows about gardening and "stuff". This is an excellent video talking about some of the things they did in the past that I think will be reintroduced in the near future...
My old cruiser years ago.
Let me turn you on…to a few little facts about bicycling.
The SOLUTION to some of the world’s biggest problems is IN YOUR GARAGE. For your HEALTH. For your WORLD. For your FUTURE. For 2 miles or less… Go by bike. Fact: The average American loses 13 lbs. their first year of commuting by bike. Just three hours of bicycling per week can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke by 50%. A 140 pound cyclist burns 508 calories while pedaling 14 miles in an hour. Go by bike. Fact: The U.S. could save 462 million gallons of gasoline a year by increasing cycling from 1% to 1.5% of all trips. Each U.S. rush-hour auto commuter spends an average of 50 hours a year stuck in traffic. In 2003, cars stalled in traffic wasted 5 billion gallons of fuel. Go by bike.
Fact: In 1964, 50% of kids rode to school and the obesity rate was 12%...in 2004, 3% rode to school and the obesity rate was 45%. Between 1960 and today the average weight of a 6-11 year old has increased 11 pounds. Go by bike!
Fact: 60% of the pollution created by automobile emissions happens in the first few minutes of operation, before pollution control devices can work effectively. 25% of all trips are made within a mile of the home. 40% of all trips are within two miles of the home And 50% of the working population commutes five miles or less to work. For two miles or less…go by bike!
Kick the habit! WHICH OF YOUR TRIPS CAN YOU GO BY BIKE?
Create life in all ways!
I have this attitude toward life and then death that I would like to share with you…
Figure out what you’re here for and then go do it - and do it well. Take care of yourself so that you can do what you need to in order to fulfill your desires & commitment to creation. Tap into creation with prayer and meditation to get the answers. Use intuition and then fire up the power of intention to get the job done! Don’t quit! You can’t quit anyway! Life doesn’t end! Ever! Don’t kiss anyone’s ass but be compassionate when appropriate. When you get sick of doing one thing, find another thing to do and make the transition. Don’t get stuck! Don’t bitch about it for too long! Just make the change and do your best! Take breaks when you need to and then get back to your passions. Keep getting better and better. Learn more every day. Dig deep and find the answers. Write down a to do list and then pound out each task throughout your day. Mostly, be in the now but think about the past and future so that you can optimize your every action. When people challenge you, and they will, think about whether you are truly at fault or not. If you are, make a change. If not, blow them off instantly. Listen to great music throughout your day and don’t forget about art too. Listen to the signs. Understand that everything is a clue. Some are more obvious than others. Start to recognize the easier ones and work your way up. - When you can get a great sign from a vagrant on the street, then you know you’re really listening to creation!
Before you leave this world, give it all away! As you get closer and closer to death, start becoming a philanthropist with everything you own. Give all your stuff to people and organizations that need and deserve it. Seek out the ones that will use your stuff and money the best. You can’t take anything with you anyway. Why let someone else divvy it up after you’re gone? Besides, it’s fun to give stuff away and you will gain major points with creation if you do! Why give it to family members unless they are the ones that truly need and deserve it? Give them a photo album! Also, when it comes to charitable organizations, use your head. Do the research! Don’t give money to charities that have CEOS making millions of dollars! www.CharityNavigator.com is a great site that rates all charities.
I hope you like my writing and do something with it. Happy day, Brett
This video is beautiful and will make you cry with joy...
Self massage for the head.
How to Massage Out Your Wrinkles!
Today I’m going to teach you another technique that is huge for your health. Did you know that you can massage out your wrinkles and at the same time release stress? You can! Have you ever noticed that you catch yourself squinting your eyes or forehead or clenching your jaw? When you are doing this you are subconsciously holding tension in your head! The more tension you have in your head, the more you have mental dis-ease! Of course, all of us are mentally challenged to one degree or another. One way to release tension in your head is to massage it. THE PLACES WHERE YOU HAVE WRINKLES ARE WHERE YOU HAVE A LOT OF TENSION. Can you see how this makes sense? Many of our wrinkles are a direct result of stress!
So, now that you know this, you can be grateful to your wrinkles for showing you where to rub, tap and scratch! First tap. Tap on the areas that have wrinkles. You will probably find that these areas are more sensitive than others. Tap diligently all over your face and head and familiarize yourself with how it feels. Find the most sensitive areas and really tap them well. (Tapping sends shock waves directly into the brain causing chemical/mental changes and better balance. This is a form of massage & acupressure that releases pent up energy in the meridians of the brain that you can do on your own every day. I have found that so many people need as much therapy as they can get and that self- treatment is the only way it’s going to happen!) Now rub them out. Use the pads of the fingers. Use your palms. Work it all from the center line out. Shake the hands to release “stuck energy”. Now rub those tight jaw muscles. Find the belly of the Masseter Muscle (The big muscle used to chew.) Also, remember that when you rub out a knot, there is a potential to release toxicity from it. (This is why you’re clenching it in the first place.) Please educate yourself on how to detox your body. Rubbing moves the blood, acids, lymph and yes, chemicals out of the tissue. Now scratch and maybe brush your head. This is the feel good part that allows you to relax and come back to center.
Really spend some time with this! It’s your freaking head. I’ll bet nobody ever taught you how to take care of your head! Please teach others how to do this! I’m channeling it to you from creation.
No, I’m not a medical doctor! Thank God! If I were, I would probably not be teaching you something totally natural and free that you can do every day to heal yourself. Most likely, I’d be writing you a prescription for Zoloft! Lol!
Peace, love and happy healing! Brett Rodgers
Grateful whale being relieved from fishing net.
If you read a recent front page story of the San Francisco Chronicle, you would have read about a female humpback whale who had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth. A fisherman spotted her just east of the Farallon Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed an environmental group for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so bad off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her. They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her. When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, and nudged them, pushed them gently around as she was thanking them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives. The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth said her eyes were following him the whole time, and he will never be the same.
May you, and all those you love, be so blessed and fortunate to be surrounded by people who will help you get untangled from the things that are binding you. And, may you always know the joy of giving and receiving gratitude.
I pass this on to you, my friends, in the same spirit.
It's a good life !
"Exactly" is such a healing song for all of us. It is one of my all time favorites! Amy Steinberg rocks. She came here to Asheville not too long ago and played for a little group of us at the Firestorm cafe. Thanks Amy for being you. We love you in Asheville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are the lyrics to "Exactly"
i am exactly where i need to be i need to be exactly where i am i am a blessing manifest i can undress the moment naked time unwinds beneath my mind and from within i find the kind of beauty only i can find i am exactly where i need to be i need to be exactly where i am i am surrendering so willingly to be the perfect me inside this now and truly how else could it be destiny she blesses me destiny she blesses me when i try to fight or run i only wind up back at square one when i think i know what’s best for me fate she takes me back to exactly where i need to be i am exactly where i need to be i need to be exactly where i am i am divinely timed and shining brightly yes i believe that there’s a purpose just for me yes i believe that we are light and we shine infinitely i am exactly where i need to be i need to be exactly where i am i am not aimlessly existing see i am in perfect harmony with universal energy and i am truly free when i accept my own divinity look at me look at me closely tell me exactly what you see if you are paying attention you will now begin ascension of the mind why, because if you look at me just right you will see a kiss for it took a kiss to make this breath exist the intersection of my mother’s and father’s lips to touch twist and perfect what came next to produce me look at me and you will see the breeze the breeze it took to shake the leaves to make my mother’s hair move, my father dare touch it and say please may i have a kiss yes the breeze made me exist and if you want to get even deeper into this when you look at me you will see a cloud the cloud it took to form the storm to make the breeze shake the leaves to inspire the liplock – yes a raindrop will pop up out these words you heard me right if you look at me close enough you will see a dark stormy night and what is night well night ain’t night without it’s polar opposite of sunlight so if you watch the way my hands sway you’ll see the light of day and everyday is a testament to the sediment of the earth’s core it’s ever spinning enormous force so if you look at me just right you will see a spark of the source but the most fascinating thing about this, and it’s true is that if you look at me just right, you see you it’s only what you perceive how you believe the space between you and me that creates reality so when i sing you can feel it when i cry you can heal it when i speak words you can be the words i speak by singing with me peace love free, peace love free peace love free, peace love free peace love free, peace love free peace love free, peace love free when i try to fight or run i only wind up back at square one when i think i know what’s best for me fate she takes me back to exactly where i need to be and when i am alone and full of fear i just remember the rising sun always appears everyday miracles, miracles that i see well they take me back they take me back they take me back to exactly where i need to be
Sometimes You Have To Stop!
Sometimes you have to stop and take care of things that you know need some attention that you’ve been putting off or neglecting too long!!!!!!!!! Right now my dog needs to go outside and play with me. If I do not do this with her…if I just keep working to try to make more money then my efforts will backfire on me because I am creating guilt feelings for not taking care of my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot skip the little things in life. You cannot pass by the joy. IF YOU DO THEN YOU WILL CREATE BAD KARMA! Don’t do it! Live simply with very little expenses so that you can take it easy and take care of the so called “little things” in life. Don’t buy big expensive crap that forces you to work too hard for too long with too much stress!!!!!!!! Live with roommates and share the expenses. Stay away from new cars too. Those will drain your pocketbook! Take care of what matters. You know what matters. HEALTH MATTERS. Quality air, food and water matters. Having fun matters. Friends matter.
Peace yall, Brett Aka Chi
Remedy For Cold Feet...
If your feet are cold then rub them. This is called reflexology. Find the sore spots and then rub those areas deeply. Yes, make it hurt. It's good for you. It's likely that your toes are the coldest because they are the least vascular. When you rub your toes, you're stimulating your eyes, ears, face and head. Perfect, then you will also feel better in your mind! Rub the webs in between the toes too. Rubbing your feet and getting out the sore spots will help your whole body to feel better. When you listen to your body, mind and soul - and then give them what they need - you will feel better. Be well, Brett
P.S. This is a temporary and partial solution for cold feet. Reflexology needs to be done regularly...especially for those doing deep healing and cleansing. Of course diet plays a big part in circulation. Hot foot baths are also an excellent way to warm up your pigs and cleanse a part of the body that get very toxic...the feet. Also, leather shoes are toxic. Leather is "tanned" with over 250 different chemicals! (Wikipedia)
Music can rock you to the core. Shimshai creates magical music that can take you to spiritual ecstasy! Listen to this incredible performance.
Understand that when you repeat a mantra, which is like a spiritual positive affirmation, that energy engrains into your being and transforms you into a new person!
Please watch this awesome video with my favorite author and and my favorite talk show host. They rock! Click here:
John Denver is one of my favorite musicians. He was/is such a beautiful person/soul. Please watch this incredible video. John's musical precision is displayed here with brilliance! His desire to create peace is also evident here.
Sir Paul McCartney is one of the best people on earth...and a vegetarian too - not surprising! Listen to Paul teach us about eye yoga... and then do the exercises regularly!
Getting the Perfect Slide! Massage oil application done right! by Brett Rodgers LMT
Getting the perfect amount of oil on your clients body takes practice and a bit of common sense. There's nothing worse than a too wet massage or a too dry massage! Most massage therapists have learned to use the standard oil bottle pump hanging on the side of their waist. This is not a very good way of getting the perfect amount of oil onto your hand because the pump is not a precise drawing mechanism. I recommend using the pump to put oil into a plastic bowl and using your fingers to dip into the bowl. This is a far better way to get the absolute perfect amount of oil onto your fingers. When you need one drop for say...working on hands, you got it. You are able to get exactly the right amount for whatever task is at hand. Also, it is great to be able to add essential oils to your base oil. Using a bowl gives you that added benefit. Be careful not to start with too much oil or of course you will waste it. You'll need several bowls and of course each one needs to be cleaned after each use. Of course you'll need several places to put your bowl next to the table and you have to take the bowl wherever you go. These are the disadvantages of using a bowl for your oil. If you try my method I'm sure you'll find that the good points far outweigh the extra effort required. Be well and happy rubbing!
Brett Rodgers, Vitality Massage
Stress Reduction Exercises For Headaches, Neck and Shoulder Pain, Anxiety and More! By: Brett Rodgers Often times I get tight neck and shoulder muscles, headaches, anxiety, sore back and other painful dis-eases. Being a massage therapist I've figured out how to rid myself of much of these difficulties. I'll let you in on some stress reduction exercises that I do regularly throughout my day. While working, most of us get wound up. Our bodies and minds get frazzled and we meander into a state of too much polarity. That is when it is time to come back to the center. In the center is peace. It is not left. It is not right. It is not male, female, hot, cold, democrat or republican. In the center are Mother Nature, the universe and God. When you come to the center with body, mind and soul then you regenerate and give yourself the energy to press on. You also give yourself the ability to connect with creation thus allowing transmission/reception of energy to abound. Stop whatever you are doing and take a deep breath. Arch your back and roll your head and shoulders around. Visualize serenity. Concentrate on releasing... letting go. Put your hands together connecting left and right to create ONE. Now stand up and shake the arms and legs (Chi Gong) and flop them against the body while twisting. You are a rag doll and you are unscrewing the pent up energy residing within. The spiritual goal: You have no cares because you know that this life is just a test. Part of the test is to see how much FAITH you have. If you have faith then you are not afraid, you are not angry, you are not worried, you are not anxious about anything. You are smart enough to know that you have things to do in this life and that you need to take care of yourself by taking little CENTERING BREAKS throughout your day. The body is a tool for you to progress. Tools require regular maintenance. Breathe. Think about getting soft and easy. Where is the tension? Rub out the tension with the hands and flick it away with the fingers. Breathe. Slide your fingers through your hair and back to the neck. Squeeze and roll. Stretch your facial muscles and rub your forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and ears. Oh my Jah. Now you are getting really unwound. Touch your toes and then reach for the sky. (Definitely do all this outside if it's nice enough.) Do it again. Touch toes and reach for the sky several times. Dance if you like. Flow. You are an incredible manifestation of life energy! Understand that life is precious. Our Earth is a speck in the universe. To be a human being and have the opportunity to excel in a time of incredible transformation is a blessing and worth every moment of blissful relaxation possible! This "time out" will allow you to go back out, fire it up, and joyfully accomplish all that you need to do that day! Know that you deserve to release and replenish and then do it. Your body is like a rechargeable battery that needs to recharge regularly...not just at night but also in little intervals throughout the day. Put your hands on your thighs and arch your back and shoulders. Now roll it over like a cat... hanging the arms way down. Do it again. Let it go. Maybe you have emotional issues that need to go too. If you are mad at something or somebody, take a deep breath and blow it out...visualizing the release of angry energy. Shake your body and hang... flopping the arms down to the ground. Now fall down and roll like you're a dog in long grass. Twist and uncork. Stretch. Open the hands as wide as possible and then make fists. Tuck into a ball and squeeze the legs. Now let go and spread eagle arms and legs open to the sky. Point the toes and then flex them up to the body. Figure out as many of these techniques as you can on your own. There are so many ways to unwind the body and mind. Now you understand the basic nature of this important stress buster exercise. All you have to do is do it. Do it every day as often as necessary. Now that I'm done writing this article I'm going to do some centering myself! Yea!
Healing your shoulders...
Exercising and saving energy at the same time! Yea! No club membership required!
Get your work UP!
Stretching the Neck and Back.
Stretching the head and shoulders back.
Many of us sit in front of the computer for hours every day. Yuk! You've got to do what you've got to do but still... you've got to take care of yourself right? Shoulder pain from computer use is a common problem because most of us don't have very good posture. This creates imbalance, tension and pain in our shoulders. Here are some exercises I do every day to feel better:
Stretch back the shoulders and tilt back the head. People tend to slouch forward when sitting. Doing this exercise will help you to get the body back where it should be. Hold this position for a minute or two...take a break and then do it again. While holding this position focus on the breath and relax...meditate. Using the computer is strenuous work and these little breaks are crucial for good health. Arch the low back too. Squeeze the shoulder blades together and stretch the chest apart. The massage the shoulders by pulling and sliding forward. Using a "theracane" (purchased online) is also an effective tool for this job. Also squeeze the ropey neck muscles while flexing the neck back and forward to effectively stretch those muscles as well.
Lay on the floor and stretch the back on a millet hull or buckwheat hull back bolster. I make these bolsters so please ask me about purchasing them. Totally relax and allow the chest to open up. Having the shoulders back is a healthy and natural position for people to have. Slouching forward is terrible and is promoted by squishy couches and poor habits. Don't do it! Use on of my back and buttock supports and sit up right!
Do yoga at home at a yoga studio. Make it a regular practice. Back in Silver City, New Mexico there is a yoga studio called "A Daily Practice". This is no joke. Doing yoga daily will allow you to remain in balance and flexible so that you do not experience these pain problems. Take time to take care of yourself and you will prosper and do well in everything you do!
Stretching back on a millet hull bolster for shoulder pain.
Are Spaying & Neutering Safe or... Totally Unnatural, May Cause Overeating and Who Knows What Else?!
Me and Woody
Spaying and Neutering your dog or cat is an easy quick fix but is it really natural or healthy to change a dog’s sexual make-up? I say no!
Being a naturalist and also being someone that doesn't always just believe the status quo for years I've been saying that is unnatural to spay and neuter your pet. Unfortunately, many years back I decided to have my beautiful Woodrow neutered. It was the easy thing to do and the pressure was on from all sides to just get it done. From that point on, throughout his life he was continually "hungry". I had never had a dog that was so fixated on finding something to eat anytime he could possibly get his mouth on it. I bought him the best dog food possible and even fed him home made organic food and still he was never satisfied. I've had dogs all my life, most were not fixed and none had the overeating problem that Woody had. When I would take him for a walk it was almost impossible to keep him from finding and eating something off the street. In 2007 Woodrow died from an internal hemorrhage. I think it was caused from something he ate that got stuck in his digestive system. Soon thereafter someone told me that spaying and neutering can cause this overeating and hunger problem. A light went off in my head like a siren. "Oh my God, that's what was different about my buddy. I had him fixed." I said to myself.
I found the following statement in the internet about spaying and neutering:
Will spaying or neutering make my pet fat? Removing the ovaries or testicles does affect metabolism. For this reason, spayed or neutered pets will tend to put on weight more easily if permitted to overeat. The important phrase here is “if permitted to overeat.” Monitoring the quantity of food given and providing regular play and exercise will help keep your pet in shape.
Dogs have been evolving for millions of years without these operations! I will not be taking the chance on screwing up Mother Nature again just because I'm not responsible enough to keep my pet from having sex with another animal during gestation, which is actually a very short period of time. The problem is not with the dogs or cat's ovaries or testicles. The problem is that people don't take the time to take care of and spend enough time with their dogs or cats. People need to educate themselves on how to keep their pets from getting pregnant and then make the effort. End of story!
149 Ways to Holistically Heal Your Body, Mind and Soul.
There are probably millions of ways to heal. Here I've listed the first 149 that popped into my head.
Years ago I was thinking about all the natural ways to heal ones self and I decided to write them all down. These are the real ways to heal. No recommendation to use prescription drugs will be in my writings!
1. Exercise. 2. Eat healthy, organic foods. 3. Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices. 4. Think positive thoughts. 5. Learn about and utilize herbs. 6. Drink filtered water. 7. Learn how to detoxify and cleanse your body. 8. Do yoga. 9. Get a massage. 10. Stay away from "conventional" man made, greed driven medicine as much as possible. 11. Find a naturopathic doctor. 12. Go to good gatherings of down to earth people and give them the natural love that was inherently given to you. 13. Let others make their own choices. 14. Listen to your intuition. 15. Breathe. 16. Meditate. 17. Stay open minded. 18. Have good posture. 19. Go walking. 20. Eat more raw foods. 21. Eat less meat. 22. Eat whole foods. 23. Eat seaweeds. 24. Give to charities. 25. Ride a bicycle. 26. Sleep on a good mattress. 27. Watch healthy programming. 28. Read healthy books and magazines. 29. Avoid materialism. 30. Avoid negative people, places and things. 31. Seek moderacy. Avoid extremism. 32. Understand that all things are here for a reason. 33. Adhere to simple things. 34. Adopt a pet. 35. Love your Earth. 36. Respect your Earth. 37. Be strong. 38. Stick to good ethical values. 39. Build faith in the divine. 40. Respect all faiths. 41. Cry. 42. Laugh. 43. Be sympathetic. 44. Hug someone. 45. Tell someone that you love them. 46. Climb a tree. 47. Be understanding. 48. Travel. 49. Change occupations. 50. Follow your dreams. 51. Take a chance. 52. Fall in love. 53. Love yourself. 54. Learn how to say "No". 55. Appreciate beauty. 56. Know your detriments and work toward improvement. 57. Take what you like and leave the rest. 58. Look at the stars. 59. Listen to healthy music. 60. Write a poem or book. 61. Draw. 62. Paint. 63. Sing. 64. Write down your thoughts and feelings. 65. Say something nice or don't say anything at all. 66. Get some extra sleep. 67. Pray. 68. Bless things. 69. Get hypnotherapy. 70. Go to school. 71. Drink some herbal tea. 72. Help a stray animal. 73. Light a candle and stare at it. 74. Burn incense. 75. Learn pottery. 76. Play an instrument. 77. Go to hot springs. 78. Hot foot bath with herbs. 79. Get feet rubbed - reflexology. 80. Remove mercury dental fillings. 81. Live close to your work. 82. Drive less. 83. Use a good filter on your furnace. 84. Stay away from cell phones as much as possible. 85. Stay way from carpet and pad. 86. Use healthy chemicals from the health food store. 87. Work in the garden. 88. Pick up some trash. 89. Do self massage. 90. State your mind - protest. 91. Vote. 92. Tell or learn a joke. 93. Sit in the sun. 94. Talk to your angels. 95. Smile. 96. Use natural antibiotics. 97. Brush and floss your teeth. 98. Use essential oils. 99. Use the internet. 100. Do Tai Chi. 101. So something that you've always wanted to do. 102. Try something new and different. 103. Help a poor or homeless person. 104. Dance. 105. Hug yourself. 106. Skip. 107. Understand that life is never-ending. 108. Understand that you cant keep material things when you die. 109. Skinny dip. 110. Be generous. 111. Minimize or eliminate alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco. 112. Be a big brother or big sister. 113. Call an old friend or relative. 114. Write to an old friend or relative. 115. Say you're sorry. 116. Forgive. 117. Understand that everything is exactly the way it is supposed to be. 118. Have patience. 119. Let it be. 120. Learn about how the universe pulses on polarity. 121. Climb a mountain. 122. Sit in the grass. 123. Walk with no shoes. 124. Make love. 125. Pray for someone or something. 126. Do beathwork in a class. 127. Go to a rainbow gathering. 128. Go to a vortex. 129. Live in a commune. 130. Move to a place that has clean air, water and food. 131. Understand that everything is perfect in this moment. 132. Celebrate your uniqueness. 133. Understand that nothing is perfect. 134. Understand you are a perfect part of God. 136. Get real. 137. Don't take life too seriously. 138. Find balance. 139. Take a nap. 140. Learn to sleep on your back. 141. Learn about sprouting. 142. Use renewable energy. 143. Build a progressive, energy efficient, non-toxic home. 144. Join the Peace Corps. 145. Get or give Reiki. 146. Become a healer yourself. 147. Listen to someone else's problems. 148. Accept death as a natural part of life. 149. Learn acupressure.
Now try to think of some of your own ways to heal!
Shambala According to Krishnananda, Shambala is located in the Gobi desert. However, many also believe that this energy center on earth is hidden away in the remote heights of the Himalayas—on a flatland to the north of Kailash Mansarovar. Only spiritually evolved sages can enter this place, it is believed.
The divine beings who stay here are tall, fair and travel to other dimensions and galaxies either astrally or in spaceships, says Krishnananda.
These beings live here for centuries and direct the course of human evolution through higher yogic means.
Wheat and Corn - Allergies - Bad Foods for Dogs and Humans Alike!
Wheat and Corn are bad foods for dogs... and humans too. Ouch, this article may be tough to swallow!
The better dog foods do not put wheat or corn in their products. Wheat has a substance in it called gluten. This gluten clogs the digestive villi and disrupts the dogs ability to absorb nutrients. Gluten does the same thing with a human's digestive tract. This is why the body rejects wheat...and it's buddy dairy (they always go together) more than any other foods. (These are the most common pet food allergies and also human food allergens. Corn is also a problem food due to the high carbs it produces and how easily it ferments in the digestive system)
Wheat, like corn, ferments easily. This is why they make ethanol out of it. Fermenting in the digestive system is not healthy! If you and your dog want to be "food alcoholics", full of candida and other parasites, then by all means, eat wheat and corn! Also, the price of these grains will be going way up in the future. Actually, corn already has. In Mexico corn costs 2 ½ times more than just two years ago because of the demand for ethanol. People and their dogs will be forced to "dry up", loose weight and get sober! Yea! lol It will either be - get healthy and start eating quinoa, amaranth, and buckwheat (not actually grains that do not ferment easily - and substantially higher in nutritional value across the board) or go broke, stay fat and die. Dog food companies will also be forced to make changes. Most smart dog owners already know about wheat and corn. The better dog food companies don't put wheat in their products. I use Organix. There is no wheat or corn in this product. None of the other top dog foods I've used have it either.
Dogs, like humans are very sensitive to glutinous grains. Also, as mentioned, these high carb grains make you fat. Excess carbs turn straight to fat! People are actually getting educated on what and how to eat by watching their dogs... and cats too. We both have relatively short digestive systems that are sensitive to some of the same things. Dairy is another one of those "bad for you" foods that dogs cannot handle well. Dairy, like gluten clogs the body but more so in the joints and circulatory system. Stay away from the dog foods that contain wheat, dairy, corn and soy too! These are the problem foods for dogs.
For yourself, get away from eating wheat, dairy and corn. If you can do soy, fine but bear in mind that soy is one of the "problem foods" for humans too. (Soy is a very mucous forming food that can cause ear infections just like dairy.) Eat rice, rice bread and millet for a while until you can get used to eating quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat. These are the nutritionally superior carbohydrate foods that do not ferment near as much and are the more advanced "grains" meant to be consumed by humans and their pets
Sit on the floor more!
Enemas - How do I know when I need to do an Enema?
Hang the enema bag way high for the best flow.
Timing is key when cleansing. Know the signs for when it is time to do an enema.
Many people that are detoxing might ask, "How do I know when I need to do an enema?" Over the last ten years of cleansing I have taken mental notes on this subject just so that I can write this article.
How do you feel? If you are tired in the morning and feel like taking a nap in the middle of the day, that is a good sign that you need to do an enema. As soon as the bowel gets toxic enough, those toxins can absorb through the bowel wall and get back into your blood stream, making you sick and tired.
How do you smell? lol. Do you have a lot of gas? Is it hot gas? Does it smell bad? These are definite indicators and answers to the question, "How do I know when I need to do an enema?" Take it from the gas-master, bad smelling farts are a sure sign of needing to do an enema!
Is your thinking stinking? How positive have your thoughts been lately? Toxic blood makes for a toxic mind! Been there, done that. I'm telling you from experience that whenever I've had a chronically bad attitude for several days or even weeks, soon thereafter the other signs reared their ugly heads and it became clear that it was time to do an enema.
How many times do you have to wipe after a bowel movement? If you get a clean break, that shows that there is not a lot of loose material in the bowel. If you have to wipe over and over again it's a sure answer to the question, "How do I know when I need to do an enema?" This sign surely means that you've been eating a lot of foods that create soft stools and also that you've been eating foods that break up accumulated matter in the body. The wetter your poop is, the more it can leak back through the bowel wall and make you sick. What have you been eating and craving lately? If you're really pushing your cleansing, you should have been avoiding dairy, wheat, meats, soy and processed foods as much as possible. If so, you probably have been over-eating a lot of fruit, dried fruit, nuts and seeds, beans, avocado, peanuts, brown rice bread, brown rice, and other transition foods. You may also be eating a lot of vegetables. Any time you change your diet and start eating whole foods full of fiber you're going to start busting loose all the accumulated toxins in your body.
Push your cleansing but don't over do it! Some of you can move out the garbage faster and easier than others. This depends on how strong you are on all levels, especially your organs of elimination. How fast you can push your healing also depends on your schedule and your ability to take time to sleep and rest. Sleep and rest are crucial to healing. Do whatever you have to to be able to create the time for taking care of yourself - even if it means living a very low budget lifestyle.
Happy cleansing! (Yuk!)
Neck Pain From Sleeping? Natural Cure! Millet hull Pillows.
Neck pain from sleeping is not really that difficult to cure if you use a natural healing method. As a massage therapist I know necks and I know how to heal them the right way...without drugs, chiropractic adjustments, injections and operations!
Ok, right now I am going to help you to cure your neck pain from sleeping. 1. Buy a natural millet hull Pillow. 2. Get regular massage for your neck.
1. Buy a natural millet hull Pillow. You may not think that this is a significant deal breaker but let me tell you that it is. It's a massive difference and considering that you are sleeping for 1/3 of your life you have got to find the best support that you can get. Foam is a terrible body support mechanism. Foam is made out of petroleum products! (oil) Foam does not support firmly or evenly. Foam outgasses loads of chemicals that you are breathing all night long. Foam is cheap too. How much are your neck and shoulders worth to you? The human body needs good, firm, even, natural support. Millet hull pillows offer that kind of support. The best millet pillows are made with a strong linen case and a natural cotton cover.
2. Get regular massage for your neck. I recommend doing self massage for neck pain every day! Lay face up with your back flat on the floor. Put some oil on your hands and work it deep into the back of your neck and shoulders. Work the front and sides of the neck too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0XVXKj6L74 Remember to do this every day! Go to your local massage therapist as well and learn as much as possible from him/her. Do some neck stretching too. Yoga will make your neck strong and pliable.
Most of the best ways to heal are done by you, not a doctor! When you take care of yourself by natural means every day, then and only then will you see the kinds of results that you desire.
Be well and listen to your body, mind, heart and spirit. Brett
Confidence... Watch Johnny Nash cut loose in this video. Absolute pure energy. No holding back.
Cleansing Tips - Hot Foot & Hand Bath Detox!
Cleansing Tips - Hot Hand and Foot Bath Detox!
Need a really good cleansing tip? A Foot foot bath and hot hand bath are a great way to get out the toxins! Why does a really salty, gravel hot foot bath detox help you to heal and feel so much better? The feet and hands collect the a lot of fat and toxicity in your body because they are at the ends of your arms and legs and those areas have the smallest capillaries. This is why feet and hands and wrists and ankles can get so toxic, crusty, rough and full of calcium deposits that cause arthritis. (Eating dairy foods and other animal foods GUMS UP the body and creates stagnation and poor energy/blood flow in the joints.) Ever noticed how clean you feel after swimming in the ocean? The salt water draws out the poisons from your skin. Your skin is your largest organ of elimination and the hands and feet are the places where much of that trash accumulates. The difference between this procedure, a hot foot bath, and a regular bath is that you are focusing a lot hotter water for a longer time directly on some of the most toxic areas of the body.
How to do it: Put 3 inches of gravel in the bottom of a great big old tub…big enough to put both feet inside. ( I use one of those canning tubs that holds 6 quart jars that I bought from Walmart). Put the tub inside your bathtub under the faucet and add hot water. Put a stool inside the tub and a towel on the stool for comfort. Add sea salt to the water…maybe 6 teaspoons or even more. Sit on the stool and put the feet and hands into the water. Grind the feet and hands in the gravel to remove dead skin and help open the pores. Let your hands and feet get used to the heat and then add more really, really… almost scalding hot water. Oh Yea! Now you are releasing significant amounts of accumulated toxic chemicals that were trapped in the fat that was stuck in your hands and feet!
After your have spent a good deal of time soaking, stand up and remove the stool and towel and kneel down in the tub so that you can stick your head and face in the water too! (Optional) The head is actually an appendage too! Your face is another place that can collect a lot of oil and toxicity. Scrub your face in the hot salty water. Try to keep it in the water for as long as possible.
Now use your towel to dry off and your all done!
Many people that need to do a lot of cleansing would benefit from doing hot foot, hand and head baths every day. Everyone would benefit from doing them at least once a week or more. Be well and use your minds, instincts and intuition to stay healthy!
Abusive Spouses & Relatives - Forgive Them And Stay Away From Them Too! By Brett Rodgers
It's really not that difficult! Seriously, staying away from nasty abusive spouses & relatives is mostly just an attitude adjustment and a matter of getting strong.
People get so stuck on keeping a relationship with a spouse or with relatives...even if they are abusive. Is there an easy answer to this problem? Yes, and I'm going to give it to you plain and clear... Get away from them! Get clear the hell away and don't go back! If you have to, pack your belongings into your car in the middle of the night and just drive and keep driving until you are safe! If you're at a family gathering and one of them causes you grief, just leave! Take a big old breath, get up off your chair and walk... no run right out of there. This method has always worked for me! Within minutes I was able to breathe and know within myself that I was strong and able to achieve peace by just leaving. Even though I was by myself at least I now had serenity.
Now say to yourself, "I forgive you for being a _________ because you grew up like that or because you we're like that in a previous life or whatever." (Basically you acknowledge that they are screw balls and that you accept that imperfection but vow to never be around that person or anybody like them ever again!) Yea! You realize that life is too short to hang out with those idiots and that you love yourself too much to put yourself through that agony again in the future.
People that are losers like to be around other losers! If you don't want to also be a loser then you will try to be around winners and seek to stay away from the relatives/spouses ect that are losers as well. Let's take my dad and brother for instance. If I say to myself, "Would I make an effort to have a relationship with this person if they were not related to me?" In this case the answer is no! Therefore I have absolutely no reason to have any contact with these people ever again! Yea! Now I am free! You too can be free! Take it from me! Just because someone has some of the same genes as you do, does not mean that you are forever required to talk to them, send Christmas presents to them or visit them.
Now think about all the people that have no relatives or spouses at all and are self made, perfectly happy folks. They don't need back up resources from relatives or spouses. They are strong enough to stand all on their own. In order for you to do the same you will have to be strong...on all levels...mental, physical, spiritual and emotional. It is also very important to find good friends. Almost everybody can find friends to lean on and to allow to lean on them when times are tough.
Some day you may be the only one in your family left alive anyway and you'll still have only yourself and God to be with. Clinch your fists and say, "I love me for who I am and God loves me too. Anybody that does not like me can stick it where the sun does not shine...and yes, that includes spouses and relatives".
The importance of stretching...
Free Health Care Reform Is Already Here!
What most people in America call "health care reform" has nothing to do with real health care. What they refer to is actually quick fix idiocy. Sure, doctors fix broken bones and other accident injuries, and yes, I am very grateful to have them in case of these emergencies... but for the most part they prescribe quick fixes (drugs and unnecessary operations) for people that have not, and refuse to, take the time to take care of themselves by natural means. Most of these people have been eating out at junk food restaurants for years and watching tv for hours a day! They eat eggs w/cheese every morning and meat and potatoes at night. They've been drinking unfiltered water, breathing smog while sitting in traffic and doing antibiotics to kill off infections created by their weakened immune systems and poor lifestyle habits. Ask any of them how many books they've read about natural healing! The answer will usually be zero..
Ok, now for the good news! You can do as much holistic healing as you can possibly stand and most of it is cheap and/or free! As the old cliche goes, "If you want to get something done, you've got to do it yourself." Right now you can read as many books on holistic healing as you want to. Millions of people are already doing this! You can also watch as many healing videos on Youtube as you want to...free! Yea! You can lean about the problem foods: Wheat, dairy, meat, soy, corn and yeast. You can watch videos and participate in yoga exercises at home on your own floor. You can meditate (yes, there are videos for that on Youtube as well) all freaking day long! For $5 you can go and buy an enema bag and clean out your intestines every time you feel sickly from changing you diet. You can hang out with healthy people by going to vegetarian, vegan, or raw food pot lucks. (Most doctors are not living a healthy lifestyle! Most have never gotten a massage or have even been to a health food store!) You can find groups on Meetup.com or you can meet other healing folks at the health food store. You can eat organic fruits and vegetables. You can eat nuts and seeds, beans, seaweeds, fermented veggies, and the human grains (millet, quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat). You can buy a cheap juicer and get started with that. You can begin to connect with the divine and start to understand that everything is connected and that you are part of the source of all creation and that you are important if you want to be... you are beautiful if you want to be. You can learn about plants, the real medicine, you know, those things created by God - not the pharmaceutical company!
You make your own destiny. You know that already! I'm just reminding you.
Self Realization & Enlightenment - Get The Spirit's Prospective! By Brett Rodgers
When it comes to self realization sometimes you need a second opinion. Who better to give you that enlightenment than your own spirit? Go outside the body and mind and say to yourself, "What do I need?" Say to yourself, "If I could look in on myself and give me an opinion on what I need to do in my life, what would it be?" Your spirit knows what is realistic and spiritual connection can give you something brilliant, simple or maybe something you already knew but we're not ready to face yet. You are only a small part of the source of creation - gradually developing and evolving, yet your spirit has the ability to connect and channel incredible information from anywhere in the entire universe! (Just reading this article is an indication of possibly being ready for enlightenment! Congratulations!)
Now go out and get it. With fierce determination take the steps necessary to achieve the goal. If somebody doesn't like it, just peacefully leave them by the side of the road and surge forward. For not everyone is ready for self realization and enlightenment.
Understanding that science and spirituality can be ONE is not easy for many people. Progressive people understand that becoming enlightened is not just garbldy gook! The understanding of energy (God) is a spiritual AND scientific endeavor. Sometimes we have to leave the old ideas about things behind. Much of what people thought about the divine in the past must change. Everything changes! Life flows. When we stay open to new things, we are ready to change and progress. Because everything is always changing we need to go outside ourselves and connect with spirit often.
Remember this: You are the master of your own destiny and you have the capacity to access all of the information that you need to do anything you want to!
Back pain? Use the brain! Educate yourself on how to heal your back and keep it that way!
As a massage therapist I have seen a lot of people with back pain. I try to get them to use their brains to heal their pain. This is what I seek to accomplish with this article. In order to heal your back you have to educate yourself and then you have to make an effort every day to achieve a new level of health. Here are the most important ways to heal your back that I know.
1. If you are injured you need to rest. You also need to apply ice. Give it time to heal before you start in with any exercise routine. When you are ready then start gently with mild stretching and massage.
2. Learn how to stretch your body. This is also called yoga. It takes time and effort to learn how to stretch. Buy books, watch videos, go to classes. Then take time to stretch every day. This is not optional!
3. Get massage. Massage releases tension from tight muscles that are impinging on nerves. Massage is an incredible healing tool that everyone should receive on a regular basis. If you can't afford massage then arrange to trade with someone. Also, self massage is very important. Watch my videos and learn how to massage yourself.
4. Buy a self massage cane. Using this tool is explained on my videos. The Theracane is an excellent brand.
5. Strengthen your muscles with exercise. Go to a local gym. Walk every day. Do crunches. You are in charge of your own life! Health care is 99% on YOU...not a doctor!
6. Support your back! I prefer natural back support products verses foam. (See my "Miracle Back Support" page on my web site) Buckwheat hull back supports are a great way to support your back at work, home or in the car. Don't slouch! Keep your sacrum (tail bone) pressed right into the corner of your seat.
7. Get your work UP. Don't look down all the time! Get your computer, book, knitting or whatever UP so that you don't have to look down.
8. Take regular breaks. Slow down and take time to rest and recover.
9. Have regular sex. Sex makes your back strong and flexible!
10. De-stress. The more wound the mind, the tighter the back. Stress is the biggest factor in most illness.
Take time to do breathing exercises, meditate, reflect and don't sweat the small stuff.
Spiritual Progression Through Reincarnation. Achieving Goals In Lives Beyond!
Achieving goals and self improvement can go far beyond this lifetime! Our spiritual existence is never ending. Why not reincarnate into the perfect world in your next go around? Health and healing don't just stop when we die. We create what we so desire...
So, I just keep on working hard to get my life better each day. I throw out the old and introduce new and superior things all the time. Old ideas that once served me got ousted and other thoughts got brought right in to take their place. It didn't matter if it were people, places, or things... My attitude was and still is, "out with the bad and in with the good". This is simple evolution.
Sometimes it takes a long freaking time to make a change and other times it is easy. It all depends on how difficult the challenge. In our lives we see people's desires that may seem impossible to achieve in their lifetimes. Yes...in this life a person with no legs may not be able to run or a person with no musical talent may not ever get to sing in front of others but if they really want it bad enough they will get it in their next life! Everything is a transition...one job to the next...people come and go...attitudes come and go. Ect. Lives also come and go and of course they transform as we so desire and deserve. For example, if you want peace, make your current life as peaceful as possible and then in your next life you will live in a world exactly as you imagined and created. I'm talking about getting a promotion. It's that simple! If you want something bad enough and if you do the work to achieve that goal, but fall short of getting it, it certainly may transform for you in your next life. You will move up the ladder. Of course this is all hypothetical but it makes sense if you see life as a progression yet have a spiritual belief as well.
I like this theory because it gives me something to look forward to beyond this life. It makes me want to strive toward new goals no matter what age I may be. They say that, "you can't take it with you when you die". I don't believe that! I think that we keep our instinct, our knowledge, courage and everything we gain here. If we become financially wealthy we may transition into a wealthy life in that respect as well. So...whatever it is, if it is good, keep it going! You'll get to build on it again in your next go around.
Evolving toward plant eating...
Deep Roots For Healthy Eating!
Most of us know how important it is to eat good foods. There are so many incredible things to learn about eating right. Some things we may learn are more adaptable to all of us but since we are all so different we also have to learn about our own specific needs. Try to remember the following :"Deep Roots" for natural healthy eating... Change takes time! As with everything in life, sometimes we need to make radical changes but most of the time it is best to change gradually. As an example, I've made some pretty extreme changes in my diet in the past that created some crazy withdrawal symptoms. When I got rid of processed sugar I had radical dreams of cookies, cakes and candies all night...every night and I would wake up in a puddle of sweat! Withdrawal from addictive/processed foods (foods that you're allergic to) can be absolute hell! In the past I've tried to reduce and/or all but eliminate meat ...to the point of total malnutrition. I looked like an Ethiopian! lol- but not funny. It can take a lot of time for many of us to be able to absorb enough nutrients from vegetable foods to meet our daily requirements. (The cleaner our bodies are and the calmer our minds are, the more will be able to achieve vegetarianism) Now, I know that for me, my most important restrictions are wheat, dairy and soy, more so than any other foods. You are one that needs to know about your own body! Listen to your own body and then make gradual changes. Push it...then if you fall off the horse, get right back on there!
Human bodies "reject" (allergies and sensitivities) the following foods the most: Wheat & other grains, dairy, soy, corn, yeast, peanuts, nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplant), citrus (orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime), meat (beef, chicken, fish), eggs, and other foods that are either too aggressive, too fatty, too acidic, too mucus forming, have certain chemicals that can cause problems, or are foreign to our ancestral heritage. Read books about allergies and food sensitivities! ("Was It Something You Ate" by John Emsley and Peter Fell) Sometimes we need to completely eliminate certain foods that really cause us problems. (I have a gluten and lactose intolerance and need to stay away from wheat and dairy). Other times we can gradually introduce a food into our diet over a period of time. (Someone with a fungal problem may be able to eventually eat peanuts if they reduce their candida count or someone with an overly acidic body can gradually eat more citrus if they alkalize their bodies with diet change and stress reduction). Today we have the option to eat just about anything we want to and people will do just that and in radical combinations too! Just 200 years ago and prior to that time my northern European ancestors never ate oranges. They had never even seen tomatoes either. Prior to 10,000 years ago humans had never eaten grains. Now, I'm not telling you to completely eliminate all these foods! You may or may not have difficulties with them. Go see an allergist or do the tests on your own. (Try going without a particular food for a week. Notice any cravings you may experience or withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, stress, sweating, craving, vomiting, diarrhea, and more). Ancestry is also very important in telling you which foods to eat. My ancestors come from Great Britain on my fathers side and Norway on my mothers side. Where do yours come from? What did they eat? Figure that out and go from there. Read, "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon. This book is full of information about past cultures from around the world and what they ate. Of course, our world is not the same world and we are not the same people but we do need to learn about the past so that we may survive in the present and future. Take what you like and leave the rest. Eat foods in their whole form... as they were originally intended to be eaten. I believe that everything has a purpose and that everything was put here to be used wisely. Eating foods in their whole form is eating them wisely. When you screw with foods by taking part of the food out and throwing it away you are doing a disservice to yourself and working toward creating problems. Read "Healing With Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford. Great book but remember that as knowledgeable as Paul and others are, nobody knows everything and there are exceptions to all the rules.
Eat the many different colors of food! Oh my God, the colors of life are so extraordinary. I have learned that when we eat foods full of color that we then see life as a colorful mystery to be solved, a beautiful place to give all that we can give, a vibrant and special gift from the divine. Think of all the different sounds too. When we eat different colors of foods we start to notice all the different sounds as well. The birds in the trees, a dog barking, the wind blowing. It is these simple things that we must appreciate each and every day! When we eat a full variety of different and colorful foods we give ourselves the opportunity to experience life to the fullest. I'm Brett Rodgers, holistic health teacher and licensed massage therapist. Please see my site for more great information about natural health and healing.
Connect With The Divine
The first and foremost priority in healing is to connect with God. You may also call God Allah, Jah or Krishna. I don't care and neither does the source! Get quiet and calm the mind. Sit and breathe. The breath is your closest physical action to God. Ask for the answers but stay calm and concentrate on the breath. You are a little piece of God and so am I. We can connect/communicate with the big library at any time but we have to come to the center and get mellow. Think about the swirling circle of life. From the center you can reach out and touch any part quite easily. The outer part of the circle is chaotic and difficult to navigate...hard to hear through all the static. The source is in the center...so peaceful and serene. Be with the source and then you will clearly comprehend the transmission. Sit and wait peacefully until the answers come.
John Denver and My Dad's Old Girlfriend...
It was 1974 and I was 9 years old. I was living with my dad in Poway, Ca. My mom moved back to Utah with my little brother. Separation. I stayed with dad because I loved him more...despite his alcoholism. Although dad was living at the bars most of the time, he met a girl that I now remember to be his only girlfriend that I really liked. She was sweet, earthy and so nice to me. I think her name was Renae. She introduced me to John Denver. I remember she brought over a bunch of his records and I would play them over and over. Oh my God, he was so beautiful! He wasn't grungy. He wasn't a sh-tkicker. He wasn't a druggie. He didn't fit into any kind of category exactly. He was just John. The music was pure. His playing was precise and his voice was so fine. I would sit in the blanket tent that Renae made me in my room and listen to John play.
Today they are playing John on PBS and raising money for the station. As I re-live the songs, I know that my musical instincts and intuition as a child were right on the money! Absolutely incredible! In my early thirties when John died I was so sad. As I recall, he crashed in his airplane in the Pacific Ocean off the southern California coast. Although I had gotten into some different kinds of music as a teenager, and in my twenties, I always remembered the beauty of John Denver.
I also will never forget Renae, the person that befriended me in that time of my life. She was really the only girlfriend that my dad ever had that was a decent and nice person. She was also someone that seemed real and genuine in what I now refer to as a "plastic world" (California). Soon thereafter, my parents got back together and Renae got kicked to the curb. I liked her better than my own mom and I was so disappointed that she could not come over any more. Now, once again, I know that I was so true to myself when I was young. I still love the hippie women! Natural. Hairy arm pits. Bare feet. Subarus. Peace and joy. Organic natural food. F--k the prescription drugs. Just herbs. Yea baby! I also still love John Denver. He was, and still is so pure and beautiful.
Now, as an adult, I live in a cool and progressive - new age hippie town in the North Carolina mountains. I love it here. It’s “Rocky Mountain High” Asheville, NC.
Ten Ways To Heal...
Ok, I'm going to give you the keys to healing. These are the things that I've learned are the most important paths to healing. They are not the only ways. Of course there are big pieces of the puzzle and small ones. The following are BIG PIECES. Holistic means "the whole". Holistic healing is mental, physical, spiritual and emotional so don't just think that you can change your diet and be healthy. You may need to cry. You may need to exercise. You may need a job change. You may need to cleanse ect... This is a never ending journey. You're not done after this life is over! Enjoy the ride and be good to yourself. The following text is an article I wrote years ago that I still think is worth a look...
Ways To Heal
1. Connect with the source, the Divine, God/Goddess, Allah, Christ, Jah, the Earth or whatever you choose to call creation. The answers will come. Anything worth while takes work. Building spirituality is no exception to the rule. Find a church, a place in nature, or a special room on your home. Some people pray for hours a day! They're building their ability to transmit and receive energy from the source. In order to find the answers sometimes we have to go to the big library and I mean the BIG library! You can beat your brains out trying to figure something out on your own or you can just ask the divine source of all creation. Like magic, the answer will come. These ways to heal are listed in order of importance. This first one is heads and tails above the others. Oh, while your praying remember to thank the source for all the good things that you've been given! We are so lucky to be alive and to have the opportunity to do great things.
2. Give and recieve love, knowledge, peace, joy, laughter, strength, compassion, and all good things to people, your angels, the animals, the plants, the Earth and the entire universe. If you connect with Jah, (African word for God) these good things and others will just come to you! Yes! If you give life, you will receive life. Ask yourself, what is my true nature? Beyond the anger, the fear, and the pain, we are LOVE! God is LOVE. Be LOVE today in all you do and love will come your way!
3. Keep learning. Keep reading good books, watching informative programs and always expanding your horizons. Take a break if you need to but don't forget to always learn something new and keep life full of variety. I have a list of excellent books on my web site. 4. Learn to listen and when you speak, do it from the heart. If you learn to listen to people, animals, trees, and the voice within, you will get the answers that you ask for. The answers can come from anywhere! It's crazy but I often get the clues from songs in the grocery store. Lol. The other day I picked up a piece of paper in the yard that I thought was trash and it turned out to be exactly what I needed! There are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason. If you have faith, then you know that death, destruction, and all the rest are all a part of life and an opportunity for us to learn and grow. If you learn to listen, you will avoid much of these difficulties. Also, please speak from the heart and speak your truth. You have the truth within. This truth will not always be the same as other peoples' truths. Do not try to please everybody. For this is impossible.
5. Figure out what you're here for. Before you came here you must have agreed to do something good during this lifetime. What was it? What are you good at? What really rocks your boat? You must do something wonderful that makes others say, "Wow, you really do a good job." It doesn't have to be something that would shake Hollywood. Just something that makes God proud. If you make God proud, you'll make yourself proud.
6. Take care of your body. People take care of their cars, their houses, their stamp collection, ECT. But they forget to take care of their own bodies! Hum... Boggles the mind! Eat whole foods, preferably organic, healthy foods. Don't eat foods that you are allergic to. The most common allergens are WHEAT, DAIRY, SOY, YEAST, CORN, PEANUTS, and EGGS. Don't overeat. Drink juice either from the store or from your own juicer. BREATHE! Take in more and more air every day! Learn about FOOD COMBINING. Read, "Healing With Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford. Learn how to cleanse and regenerate your body. Call me for a consultation or to find out about a class I may be teaching. Exercise! Walk, run, do yoga, breathe, go to the club, whatever! If you get stiff, you'll become a stiff. If you don't stay strong, you'll get weak. Hum, that makes sense. Lol. You're in charge of you. Just do it!
7. Get together with others. Go to gatherings of people that are interested in the same things and maybe even different things than you. Be social! Share your interests. Speak your mind. Learn from others experiences. For years I went to Alanon (friends and family of alcoholics) to heal from my fathers abuse and neglect. I really needed that support and family of people to help me through back then. All people need to come together as one. This is part of evolution. When we come together, we see our differences but more importantly, we see our similarities and begin to understand that we really are all the same. WE'RE ALL THE SAME. Beyond race, color, sexual preference, religion, sex, and all the other small stuff, we all need the same MORE IMPORTANT STUFF: To love and be loved, to have friends, to have clean air, food and water, to laugh, to cry, to have a warm place to live, to touch and be touched, ECT. It's not always easy to get out there and be social. Once again, IT TAKES WORK TO HEAL.
8. Sit peacefully, breathe and meditate every day. Try to "turn off" the mind for a while. My mom calls it a "Zen Moment" Our world is full of so much stress! Our brains are full of too much stuff! What if we could just flick a switch and turn off our minds? What if we could shut down the motor and let it cool for a while? Give it a break. Got a little song in your head that won't go away? Oust it! Sit and just be quiet for a while. This is mind work. Like exercise, it takes work to calm the mind. WE HAVE TO WORK FOR HEALTH. For most of us it's as difficult as or even more difficult to calm the mind than it is to educate the mind. Both are important!
9. Find a healer. I choose natural healing over artificial. I want the real deal because I'm not afraid to do the work. Get a massage, acupressure/acupuncture, hypnotherapy, psychiatry, naturopathic doctor, or any other specialist that doesn't have money as their highest priority. North Carolina has state licensed naturopaths. Also try herbs. Herbs are from God. They are totally natural and don't give you all the nasty side effects that the man made, greed based medicines do. Ask, how much time do you give me? This is a good question when looking for a therapist/doctor. Do they just write a prescription in a flash or do they have the time to sit and talk... no...to sit and LISTEN? You're the boss. You choose your healer. In Asheville go to http://www.bodymindspiritdirectory.org/NC-Asheville.html This is a great site that has just about any type of holistic healing practitioner.
10. Don?t worry, be happy! Sing the song. Here's a little song I wrote. You might want to sing it note for note. Don't worry, be happy.
Natural Acne Cure - The Helpful Truth!
I'm going to give you the truth about getting rid of your acne that you probably don't want to hear. You have to change your diet. This is the real natural acne cure. End of story. If you're looking for a natural acne cure, a natural pimple cure that really works. Here you go...
Get rid of dairy! No, you probably don't want to stop eating dairy. You love cheese, especially on bread or crackers. You love yogurt. You think that because yogurt has acidophilus in it that it is healthy. You love to eat cookies and milk. You've been eating them since you were a baby. Getting rid of dairy is a major natural acne cure. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP EATING DAIRY FOODS YOU WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT ACNE and many other debilitating diseases. Dairy is not a natural food for human beings. The excess fat and sugars in dairy foods create stagnation and then infection in the pores of your skin. They also create infection in the ears and other places throughout the body. Once again, it is totally unnatural to consume dairy products. No, goats milk is also not acceptable either. It is also not natural for adult humans to consume goats milk, cats milk, ants milk or any other creature's milk. If you're looking for a big time natural acne cure this is it. As for calcium, there is plenty of calcium in vegetables like carrots and broccoli. Yes, I know, you don't want to eat vegetables. I'm sorry. I'm simply here to tell you the truth about how to get rid of your acne! I do recommend that you consume almond milk from the health food store as a substitute until you can get used to eating vegetables.
Wheat always goes with dairy and should also be eliminated if you want to keep a healthy digestive system. The gluten in wheat clogs your digestive "villi" and then prevents you from absorbing nutrients from your food. Wheat and dairy cause more problems (allergies and sensitivities) than any other foods. (Although eating wheat is not directly creating your acne, wheat is so connected to dairy that getting rid of it actually is a powerful natural acne cure). The reason that people drink milk with their cookies and eat cheese with their pizza is that wheat causes a very acidic reaction in the body and dairy is a buffer that neutralizes that reaction. Both are bad and unnatural foods for humans and to eliminate them is huge for releasing the body from acid and dairy fat clogging! (Using rice to wean your way off of wheat is crucial! Brown rice will also help you to scrape off the mucoid plaque that has accumulated in your digestive system. Eat white rice for detox relief when you feel really poorly. Then start to eat "human grains": Millet, buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth.
Bad meats: Eat whole, organic meats and not mass produced - full of growth hormones/antibiotics - raised in a cage meats. These animals are full of too much fat that does not "flow well" through the human body. Therefore, it creates infections like pimples. Also, poorly raised animals are not healthy. If you eat something that is not healthy, then you too will not be healthy. Killing bad meats (no pun intended) is an awesome way to a natural acne cure.
I know all this stuff from 20 years of personal experience, including being misled by dermatologist's bad advice/bad prescriptions and lots and lots of pimples that MYSTERIOUSLY went away when I changed my diet!
So, in conclusion, I would like to say, "Change your diet."
Environmentalism, Holistic Healing and Money Matters. Higher Priorities For a Changing World!
By Brett Rodgers
Hopefully, in the future, people will have better priorities than wasting resources, eating junk food and buying extravagant materialism. This world is changing and those that change with it will survive and then progress in their next existence.
For years now I have been wondering if people will ever come to their senses and get their priorities straight. I thought, "Certainly God will figure out a way to make people be good to the Earth and get interested in environmentalism. Surely Krishna can get people to eat healthy food and take care of themselves with holistic healing instead of relying on the health care system to do it for them. Without a doubt Buddha can coax folks to start putting their money in places that really matter."
Well, I was right. (No ego!lol) All of that and more is coming to pass. Yea! The dung is finally hitting the fan and contrary to what most think is bad, I praise the current radical world changes taking place and welcome them with open arms! Let me address these three issues briefly...
A. The Earth is a living and breathing entity that has its own defense system. Anything that causes problems to it will receive the rathe of mother natures fury. Did people think that those huge clouds of pollution over their cities for years and years would not cause any problems in the future? lol! For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Climate change will bring about floods, fires, famine, evacuation, war, and more. Some people think that environmentalism is a dirty word.On the contrary, environmentalism is beautiful and deeply connected to God as God created the Earth.People will have to get real and:
1. Live close to where they work and walk or ride a bicycle.
2. Insulate their houses and start building naturally, logically, and solar passively in the first place.
3. Spend money on more solar panels and less aircraft carriers.
(Bear in mind that we are just barely beginning to get real and do these things, but yes, there are little lights at the end of the tunnel.)
B. The health care system that most people utilize is one of "treating the causes of dis-ease" with synthetic, unnatural drugs (quick fixes) and relying on others (doctors) to do their healing for them. Because that system is unsustainable, it will fail and go broke. People WILL BE FORCED to learn holistic healing and how to:
1. Eat and grow healthy, organic food.
2. Exercise and cleanse the body, mind, spirit and soul with natural & holistic healing methods.
3. Get together and do these exercises in groups and spiritual gatherings.
(Of course it will take time and a lot more pain experienced before many people will finally get off their behinds and do some legitimate healing work. All in good time.)
C. In the current society we live in, people spend their money on worthless materialism. It piles up in garages, closets and shelves. For 15 years now I have been wondering when it will end. Now that scene is finally ending! Yea! Also, as the feces hits the fan in our world, will the rich open their wallets and hearts and give to those in need? This life is a test. Part of that test is called COMPASSION. (No, I do not believe in "handouts"). Those that achieve this state of higher consciousness will be rewarded. Those that do not will be demoted! (lol. Some may go back to being a rat or a dog in their next life.) Personally, I believe in progression and I also feel a commitment to helping others everywhere in the world to achieve happiness. I sure hope that others, especially the rich, will continue to become more compassionate and:
2. Start investing in things that really matter that include: providing people with an opportunity to create healthy food, shelter, water and other "sustainable and relevant to good health and happiness" items.
All of these things are really happening now! I am just dancing for joy. At the the same time I pray for those that truly want to survive to tighten their belts, get tough and have higher priorities! Yes it is a time to hunker down but it is also time of celebration! Thank you lord. Thank you Buddha. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Krishna. We are one!
Cleansing, Detoxification and Holistic Healing. I Did it and You Can Too!
Cleansing your body of all the unwanted toxins that have accumulated throughout your life is one hell of an endeavor. Learning how to detoxify yourself and then to stay squeaky clean is no easy task. When I first started my healing journey I had no idea of how much work was involved. I thought I could just do a two week cleanse and then be all done and feel great. lol. No way baby! Up until then I had largely eaten fast food, had used toxic chemicals with no regard for my health and had 11 mercury amalgam fillings from my childhood. I was about 24 years old so just imagine how entrenched I was of undigested food matter (mucoid plaque), parasites, and other unwanted memorabilia. After almost 20 years of making major health changes I have now been through a freaking ringer of holistic healing like you wouldn't believe!
Education is paramount to creating vitality so SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE and I will give you a link to a page on my site that shows you pictures of many of the books I recommend for you to read: One of my favorites is "Healing With Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford. Using whole foods is one of the first steps in detoxification. Whole organic foods have many qualities that reverse the accumulation of unwanted material strewn throughout the body. They also promote regeneration and stimulate the bodies defences (the immune system) to heal and destroy parasites. Also, getting rid of wheat, dairy, preservatives, bad fats and oils, poorly raised meats/too much meat, and too much cooked food will radically stop/reverse the buildup of:
1. Mucoid plaque in the digestive system. (enemas are required) 2. Plaque in the arteries and veins. 3. Calcium deposits in joints. 4. Parasites (unwanted organisms that feed off of excess/unnatural material in a weakened host) 5. Viruses throughout the body.
Learn about cleansing the digestive system. Read Dr Bernard Jensen's "Guide To Better Bowel Care". Dr. Jensen was the king of enemas and leaning how to do your own colon cleansing is REQUIRED for cleaning out the bowels. You may have to do enemas every day or every other day for a while in order to feel good enough to get through your day. The more you push your diet to be cleaner, the more you will need to wash out the large intestine because all the plaque and parasites will accumulate there:
1. Start out by going to the drug store and buying one of those red water-bottle/enema/douche combo bags. They only cost about $5. 2. Fill the bag with body temperature water and hang it in a high place above where you can lay comfortably on a towel on the floor. (You may use filtered water or herbs like Neem or do a coffee enema to help clean the liver of toxins. http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=28&db=5&C0=818. 3. Lube the anus with a natural oil like olive. 4. Insert the tip of the injector into the anus and release the water. Stop the flow if needed. Then resume. Fill the colon and then massage the abdominal area in different positions...on back, on knees, on side, ect. 5. Evacuate by hopping on the toilet and blasting it all out. 6. Repeat this process several times until the water comes out clear.
You will also need to vomit, sweat, skin brush, do hot foot baths, cry, scream, and many other toxin release methods. Cleansing is also mental, emotional and spiritual as well as physical. Don't get stuck on just changing your diet. If you do, you will hit a wall and not be able to proceed. (I had no idea of all the emotional pain I had built up in regard to growing up with an alcoholic. Al-Anon meetings for four years and releasing lots of tears got me through many a difficult day and painful night). Cleansing is an up and down rollercoaster of highs and lows. The lows are often called a healing crisis that can last for days or weeks. Hang in there! Is you need to take a break, fine. Often times your liver and kidneys need a break and it is good to go back to some of the foods that give relief like organic meat and potatoes or a sweet like coconut ice cream. Yum! Don't forget to connect with God, Jah, Allah, Buddha, or Krishna regularly. This is critical to being able to send and receive information from the source of all things. Without this inspiration you will not survive.
Educating yourself about environmental illness will prevent a lot of unwanted matter from entering your body in the first place. Read: "Creating a Healthy Household" by Lynn Marie Bower. Some of the most important things that I have learned in this book and on my own are to:
1. Stay away from carpet! (Live in a house with hard wood floors). 2. Be very careful with burning gas or wood in the house. Appliances must be well vented. Un-vented stoves and fireplaces are toxic and will kill you! Wood burning stoves must be well sealed and vented. Don't use an open flame stove/oven. Use an electric stove. 3. Air blown furnaces need a good quality filter that reduces the particulate matter in the air to less than 3 microns. 4. Cell phone use should be minimized! Cell phones emit microwave electricity and will eventually be proven to be dangerous and damaging to the brain. 5. Use natural chemicals! Common sense tells me that if something looks and smells like man made chemicals, it is not healthy for my body. Buy natural, biodegradable, safe chemicals from a more reliable place like your local health food store or a natural/healthy/environmentally safe building supply store.
You are the maker of your own destiny. Use your intuition and good common sense to holistically heal yourself. You can do it!
Cleansing and Detoxification! I Did It And You Can Too! (The Videos)
Natural Health Care... Not Just For Hippies!
This is an article about holistic health & healing, alternative health, natural health, and how anyone, yes anyone can make the change to a natural and healthy lifestyle.
So, I have this theory that so called professional people can take hold of the natural health care reins and learn the truth about what it really takes to get and stay healthy. I see all this debate about health care reform on the news and wonder, "Why don't these people know the truth about being healthy? Do they really think that they can get health out of a bottle or buy health from someone else without making any real effort?" I have come to the conclusion that it must be largely denial. It is also a matter of a lack of education so let me be very clear... If you want to be healthy you have to work for it! Good health is not a matter of popping pills or "I see my doctor regularly"! Oh yes, wouldn't it be great if we could all just take little wonder drugs that allow us to stay stagnant and never have to change our ways. What if we could have our doctors exercise for us?! What if we could just eat the same fast food, do the same boring job we hate, sit on a squishy couch watching tv all night and then complain about it to everyone we meet! lol. Can you tell I'm having fun writing this article?
The following beauties are some of the most important things that anybody...yes, even fun loving accountants, can do to get healthy.
1. Most of us really have to work hard to be healthy. 2. Most people have to CATCH UP to get healthy which requires EXTRA WORK - This is like taking on a full or part time job which means you will have to reduce the amount of other work activities you do. This probably means that you won't be making as much money so you will have to reduce your expenses greatly. Examples are: Moving into a smaller residence, getting rid of the car payment, eating out less and eliminating other over-excessive expenses. (You may already know all this but refuse to take action) 3. People need to put only the best quality organic food and drink into their bodies. 4. People need to make a major effort to absorb only the healthiest entertainment, news, music, information and spiritual truths. 5. We need to stay away from toxic chemicals and use and promote only natural chemical products that preserve our air, food and water. 6. We should practice breathing and meditating. (This one is especially important for hot brained people like lawyers, doctors and general type A personalities). 7. Don't worry about what others are thinking about you too much because if you know you're living your truths that is all that matters in the end. 8. Try to be around really healthy people and exit stage left when nasty folks enter into your space. 9. Have fun without impinging on the other rules. 10. We should find a good lover/partner. (sex is also great for a healthy back) lol. 11. Get together with other people at gatherings to heal regularly. 12. Come to an understanding that there are powers greater than us that are helping and guiding us. (Yes, faith is holistic healing too. No, I don't go to a traditional church but if that's what rocks your boat, cool). 13. Get regular massage, stay away from man made drugs, use herbs, do yoga, do energy work, do chanting, and exercise regularly. (I walk every day too...with my beautiful dog. Dogs are great!) 14. Healing takes a lot of sleep. Anytime someone gets sick they typically stay in bed. There is no difference with long term, deep healing on a holistic level. You have to get a lot of rest to regenerate your body. 15. Use your intuition. What do you think, feel and need to get healthy? There are a million ways to heal.
Just a note: Patrick Swayze refused to change in any of these things. He kept up the same extreme lifestyle. He didn't change his diet. He trusted totally unnatural chemotherapy and radiation treatments to heal himself. Some people refuse to retreat and take a break. So be it.
These are some of the natural health care reform ideas that I do in my daily life and suggest to everyone, even brain surgeons and nuclear scientists! They do not take a lot of money to do but they take a tremendous amount of effort and time. (This is why billionaires don't live longer than the rest of us. You can't buy meditation and a good diet. You can't buy receiving vitamin D from sitting in the sun. You can't buy breathwork.)